Year-to-year changes[edit | edit source]
1991[edit | edit source]
1995[edit | edit source]
For 1995, the GMC Jimmy makes a dramatic break with the past. A complete redesign, the first since the compact sport/utility's 1983 introduction, gives it a thoroughly modern aerodynamic profile. The new Jimmy is longer, higher and wider to provide more interior space and more utility.
A reconfigured suspension is designed to improve handling both on and off the road. Other safety enhancements include a standard driver's-side airbag and 4-wheel antilock brakes. The roomier, more comfortable interior features new seats and a new instrument panel.
Located in the heart of the compact sport/utility market, the Jimmy has slowly been repositioned to appeal to buyers who want down-to-earth utility, but with a touch of comfort and convenience. The Jimmy competes primarily against its near-twin Chevrolet Blazer, as well as the Jeep Cherokee and Ford Explorer.
The Jimmy offers something for everyone with 2-door and 4-door versions and a choice of four different trim levels: SL (2-door version only), midlevel SLS, uplevel SLE and top-of-the-line SLT.
The one and only engine is the Enhanced 4.3-liter ohv V6. Four-door versions are equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission, as are 2-doors for now. A 5-speed manual transmission will be standard on 2-door Jimmys by midyear, when the automatic becomes optional.
Four-wheel-drive models feature shift-on-the-fly operation. Full-time all-wheel-drive were made available later in the year on selected, upscale 4-door models.
Prices increased by $325 for all models halfway through this model year. The GMC Jimmy remains the company's entry-level SUV until 2001.
Retail prices[edit | edit source]
As of December 17, 1993:
- $15,842 (1994 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR)
- $17,761 (1994 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR 4WD)
- $17,344 (1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4DR)
- $19,701 (1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4DR 4WD)
As of late 1994:
- $18,274 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR)
- $20,157 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR 4WD)
- $19,980 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 4DR)
- $22,205 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 4DR 4WD)
As of December 21, 1994:
- $18,599 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR)
- $20,482 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR 4WD)
- $20,305 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 4DR)
- $22,530 (1995 GMC Jimmy SL 4DR 4WD)
As of August 1, 1995:
- $19,573 (1996 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR)
- $21,456 (1996 GMC Jimmy SL 2DR 4WD)
- $21,279 (1996 GMC Jimmy SL 4DR)
- $23,504 (1996 GMC Jimmy SL 4DR 4WD)
Shipping prices[edit | edit source]
- $475 (1994 models)
- $485 (1995 models)
- $490 (1996 models)