In a segment that rewards novelty, the 300ZX remained largely unchanged since its introduction. Maybe it really didn't need much change, the Nissan 300ZX was arguably the best looking car of its kind. It competed with the newer Toyota Supra, older Corvette, and with the Mitsubishi 3000GT. It was originally introduced in 2-seat and 2+2 versions.
The 2-door convertible was introduced in 1994, but there was no Supra convertible, and Mitsubishi and Corvette each had open cars, Mitsubishi with their clever retractable hardtop. All Turbos and 2+2 coupes had standard glass panel T-roofs, a base coupe did not, but a more comprehensively equipped 2-seat coupe did. In addition to the dual turbos and intercoolers, the Turbo model had a standard oil cooler, Nissan's Super-HICAS 4-wheel steering system, a boost gauge, driver-adjustable shocks, a rear spoiler and front airdam with air inlets for the intercoolers.
All but the base coupe had a power driver's seat and the option of a 4-speed automatic. Leather was an option in the Turbo, 2+2, and T-Roof coupes, standard in the convertible. All versions of the 300ZX had aluminum wheels, projector-beam headlamps, integrated halogen foglamps, speed-sensitive power steering, air conditioning (with automatic temperature control on all but the convertible), power windows, power door locks, keyless remote entry system with antitheft provisions, etched glass for further theft protection, full instrumentation, cruise control, a Bose 4-speaker audio system (except the convertible which got its own 2-speaker system).
The car remained completely unchanged in 1995.
After the 1996 model year, the 300ZX was discontinued with no further replacements for the remainder of the '90s.
As of April 18, 1994:
- $33,699 (1994 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Coupe)
- $36,489 (1994 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2DR Coupe)
- $40,099 (1994 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2DR Coupe)
- $40,879 (1994 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Convertible)
As of late 1994:
- $35,009 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Coupe)
- $37,799 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2DR Coupe)
- $41,409 (1995 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2DR Coupe)
- $42,189 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Convertible)
As of June 1, 1995:
- $36,039 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Coupe)
- $37,479 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Coupe with T-Roof)
- $38,789 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2DR Coupe)
- $42,579 (1995 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2DR Coupe)
- $43,279 (1995 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Convertible)
As of August 28, 1995:
- $37,439 (1996 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Coupe)
- $38,879 (1996 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Coupe with T-Roof)
- $40,189 (1996 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2DR Coupe)
- $43,979 (1996 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2DR Coupe)
- $44,679 (1996 Nissan 300ZX 2DR Convertible)