Year-to-year changes[edit | edit source]
1993[edit | edit source]
Initially, the Firebird came in only as a coupe in three trim levels: the base Firebird, upscale Formula and top-of-the-line Trans Am.
Power for the lineup of rear-drivers started off with a 3.4-liter V6 hooked to a 5-speed manual or optional 4-speed automatic for base Firebirds, and V8 power for Formula and Trans Am, with a 6-speed manual standard and the 4-speed automatic optional.
Standard equipment on all Firebirds included dual airbags, ABS and an automatic brake/transmission interlock. Cruise control and power door locks came standard in all convertibles and Trans Ams, while a/c was standard on Formula and Trans Am. For music in large chunks, a dealer- installed 12-disc CD changer was the option to go with after sorting through a variety of sound systems.
1994[edit | edit source]
Pontiac's aggressively styled performance leader was such a good seller that the model lineup was expanded to six. All three trim levels each come in a choice of coupe or convertible.
1995[edit | edit source]
The Trans Am GT designation has been dropped.
The big news in hardware this year was the new traction control system that used brake intervention and engine- torque reduction. The system was an option for all V8s. Also new for these models was a 16-in. 5-spoke cast aluminum wheel that were available in chrome at midyear. A new all-weather 245/50ZR16 Eagle RSA tire was standard on Trans Am and an option on Firebird and Formula. Do-it-yourselfers had one less thing to do, as all 'Birds now came with a totally maintenance-free front end.
Retail prices[edit | edit source]
As of mid-1994:
- $14,859 (1995 Pontiac Firebird 2DR Coupe)
- $19,099 (1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2DR Coupe)
- $21,069 (1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2DR Coupe)
- $21,939 (1995 Pontiac Firebird 2DR Convertible)
- $25,129 (1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2DR Convertible)
- $27,139 (1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2DR Convertible)
As of August 1, 1995:
- $15,614 (1996 Pontiac Firebird 2DR Coupe)
- $19,464 (1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2DR Coupe)
- $21,414 (1996 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2DR Coupe)
- $22,444 (1996 Pontiac Firebird 2DR Convertible)
- $25,284 (1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2DR Convertible)
- $27,364 (1996 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2DR Convertible)
Shipping prices[edit | edit source]
- $500 (1995 models)
- $505 (1996 models)