In the U.S. market, the Volkswagen Gol was marketed as the Volkswagen Fox. It sold from 1987 to 1993.
In its last three years, the Volkswagen Fox was down to only two models -- the base 2-door sedan and the GL 4-door sedan.
Many changes were made to the last model year for the Fox, such as standard air conditioning, five-speed transmission for the 2-door sedan, and upgraded interior trim for the GL 4-door sedan. The Fox was discontinued later in 1993, and the title for entry-level was transferred to the 1994 Volkswagen Golf hatchback.
- $7,720 (1991 Volkswagen Fox 2DR Coupe)
- $8,910 (1991 Volkswagen Fox GL 4DR Sedan)
- $7,995 (1992 Volkswagen Fox 2DR Coupe)
- $8,995 (1992 Volkswagen Fox GL 4DR Sedan)
- $8,690 (1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg 2DR Coupe)
- $9,410 (1993 Volkswagen Fox Polo 2DR Coupe)
- $10,260 (1993 Volkswagen Fox Wolfsburg 4DR Sedan)